I hope this post meets you in impeccable health. I’m super excited for this post because this post, this very post, which your eyes are gazing upon right now, this is… *drumroll please* MY 100TH POST!!!
Ahhhh!!! You already knew that from the title, and I obviously already knew it too, but please allow me take five seconds to freak out over this milestone that has taken me two years to reach.
I won’t even try to take the humble route right now and say that I can’t believe I made it this far. I knew I would make it here because when I started SmalleeWrites, I knew I’d be in it for the long haul. Despite all the hard work, I love blogging, and now that my 100th post is finally here, I’m going to bask in the glory of this accomplishment. I AM PROUD OF MYSELF!
Now, without any further ado, here are 100 random facts about me:
1. My body was born in Lagos but my heart lives in Ibadan.
2. My favorites change rarely… In fact very rarely.
3. I have two elder sisters and two younger sisters.
4. I prefer odd numbers over even numbers and I take it way too seriously when it comes to the volume of the television or radio.
5. Sometimes I back up stuff by emailing myself.
6. I’m not a foodie anymore but I’m trying to be.
7. I used to think and over think almost everything. And I could spend countless hours doing nothing but thinking.
8. Sometimes I’m motivated and sometimes I’m not. And it really depends on the five Ws — Who, What, When, Where, or Why.
9. These days, I experience delayed emotional reactions and instead tend to see things analytically until quite a bit later. I think this is a great quality to have in times of emergency or great stress.
10. Politics frustrate me beyond belief, but I think it’s important to share our feelings about it if we are ever to fix the situation.
11. I’d like to have pen pals. I think it’ll be really cool.
12. I am a night person.
13. I don’t like football. No, I really, really don’t like football. American football, not soccer.
14. I love, love, love to cook but I really dislike washing the dishes after *insert face palm emoji
15. I have limited talents, but I’m generally a good speller. The only thing is, every time I spell exercise, I feel like ‘size’ needs to be in there.
16. I don’t really like chewing gum.
17. I have way too many clothes/dresses, and these days, way too few occasions for them! I used to buy them with no event in mind, and now I’ve ended up not wearing most of them for ages.
18. I don’t believe in fate or destiny. I believe in conscious choice making and taking responsibility for those choices whether they are good or bad; and that at one point or another I made a choice that brought me from point A to point B.
19. Weirdly, I still kinda believe in soulmates.
20. The smell of petrol makes me nauseous.
21. I’m not mentioning things I’ve never done in this list, because until I’m dead, I still might do them.
22. I can get along with almost anyone if I put my mind to it, but that requires energy which I don’t have very much of these days.
23. I like making people laugh.
24. I’ve been told I have a nice smile. I just don’t do it that often.
25. I’ve never needed stitches.
26. I would like to own a home with a library.
27. I would like to know what its like to fall in love and have that love returned. I bet it’s nice.
28. I am a professional procrastinator but I’m working on it.
29. I’m great with kids. I’m like a kid magnet. Kids love me for some reason. Seriously!
30. The first thing I do when I wake up is pray, then reach for my phone.
31. I was born on a Wednesday. Contrary to the popular poem, ‘Wednesdays Child’, I am anything but filled with ‘woe’. If anything, I am a glass is always half-full kind of person, because I know that I have already sipped down the other half 🙂
32. I try not to abuse the phrase ‘I love you’ (in other words, I do not say it for the sake of saying it). I will say ‘I love you’ but only if I honestly and truly mean it.
33. I do not have a tattoo but, on more than one occasion, I have thought about getting one. I think I haven’t gotten it done partly because I’m dearly afraid odd needles.
34. Sometimes I wish I was ambidextrous; Needless to say, it comes in handy (no pun intended) 😀
35. It amazes me when people look to me for advice, guidance and direction, because most of the time I am just making shit up as I go.
36. I’m practising the habit of not leaving things unfinished, so I will try to write all 100 of these things in one sitting.
37. My left eye is much stronger than my right eye.
38. Something I’m trying to live by is “I would rather be the one that smiled than the one that didn’t smile back”
39. I am a really good friend – like if I like you I’m super loyal to you 🙂
40. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing but I almost always follow my heart, and I try not to follow society’s standards and norms because they do not define me.
41. In the same vein, I’m striving to be more of a “No” person than a “Yes” person.
42. I recently found my “slum book” from when I finished my A Levels and the messages from people brought tears to my eyes. I have attached pictures of some of them below: (Don’t mind the quality)
43. I don’t tell my friends and family how much they mean to me enough. I hope they know.
44. I can’t really remember a time in my life without a pet. Or pets.
45. I found a book, also from when I did my A Levels, where I wrote my first ever (cringe worthy in my opinion) attempts at poetry. Pictures also attached below:
46. I think I’ll rewrite them and post them on this site or my social media accounts at least.
47. I was a total tomboy growing up. Sometimes, I still am.
48. James Arthur’s Naked is such a darn good song.
49. I’m very competitive, but I only compete with myself because at the end of the day I’m the only one that really matters.
50. Even though I don’t play them as much as I would love to (The last time I played one was last year), I like to play video games.
51. Is anybody still reading? If you are, you rock!
52. I went to Paris Bakery today and I must confess, I’d pick their ice cream over Coldstone’s. Argue with your phone screens 😂
53. I swear, cuss… Whatever you call it… I tell it like it is.
54. I can make anything as long as I have a recipe.
55. I know who my real friends are.
56. I don’t know which I’d pick; a romantic partner or a spontaneous one.
57. I can’t seem to force myself to do stuff I don’t want to/like, or learn stuff I don’t want to/like.
58. I don’t read much anymore, and when I do it’s because I have to or because I really, really want to.
59. I’m not a girly-girl. I have hobbies and preferences believed to be more “manly”. I can carry my bags just well, fix things and open the door, but I still want to sometimes be treated like a sort of gentle flower just ’cause I’m a girl.
60. I don’t like the color pink.
61. In a perfect world (or if I was born in a different country) I would have studied English and Creative Writing, or gone into Forensics, but nothing is perfect.
62. I believe most people are not bad at their core but they choose to do bad for their own good, because they are weak, or turned bad by the people they have around them.
63. I find 90% of the boys (yes, boys not men) my age unattractive no matter how “pretty”others say they are. I guess I like signs of maturity.
64. I am not exactly a formal person in anything and I don’t expect anyone else to be either but, since I’m polite, I expect people to be polite around me and others.
65. I like to sing when I’m alone because I’m too shy to do it in front of people and even if I do do it in front of people, I’m not singing with my ” real ” voice.
66. I’m sure I’ve mentioned this but i can’t stress it enough; washing the dishes is my least favorite chore.
67. Speaking of chores, I’m actually pretty sure I could do any really well if I’m home alone with music on so I can sing along to my jams while doing them, probably that way I may find doing dishes fun.
68. I prefer cold over warm.
69. My favorite number would have to be seven (7)
70. I am the most hard working as well as most lazy person.
71. I love being alone and prefer only certain people’s company.
72. I want to write till I breathe my last.
73. I listen to just about everything except rap, and even then there are exceptions.
74. I wouldn’t recommend repressing all of your feelings. It isn’t healthy. Trust me. I know.
75. I’m not good with scary movies or TV shows.
76. Speeches and public speaking are my idea of hell.
77. When I’m tired I get super grumpy, irritable and emotional, so I’d rather be alone.
78. I love helping people.
79. My current obsession is focusing on the health of my nails and trying to grow them back.
80. I’d take handwritten letters over any material gift, any day.
81. I don’t know about y’all but I’d rather trade looks for intelligence.
82. I once tie-dyed a cloth for a secondary school project, and it turned out wonderful.
83. I like loud music.
84. I believe that everything happens for a reason.
85. I don’t drink or smoke anymore.
86. I still don’t do drugs.
87. I don’t consider myself an interesting person, and so it makes me laugh when people say I am. What is an “interesting” person, really?
88. Writer’s block is horrendous. I’ve had it before. Worst months of my life..
89. I’m sure I could write an inspiring memoir, but I won’t.
90. I’m scared of spiders and scorpions.
91. I know it’s weird but I would more easily trust someone who hugs me for at least 15 seconds.
92. I’ve only been hospitalised twice in my life.
93. I still haven’t ever fainted. Someone come knock me out. Lmao
94. I’m not afraid of being judged and rarely get embarrassed.
95. I have a love-hate relationship with social media that strongly leaned on the hate side for about a year.
96. I love watching live plays.
97. My guilty pleasure is pimple popping.
98. This took me hours to write.
99. I’m sure I could have thought of some better facts, but really… A 100 is hard enough as it is when you’re trying.
100. This list has helped me formulate 100 things to talk about when I start dating again.
That’s it, y’all! Thank you for reading.
This was so much fun to do, and coming up with 100 facts that I haven’t already shared with you guys is actually a lot harder than you’d think. But I hope it wasn’t too boring.
Now tell me,
What do we have in common?! I’d love for you to tell me something about yourself in the comments below.
You’ve just finished reading a blog post on SmalleeWrites. Please subscribe, like, comment, share with your friends and come back for more amazing content.